Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Majestic Prince turned Clumsy King!

He used to be the best left handed batsmen to have ever played for India… the majestic prince of Calcutta used to cream every bowler with even a fraction of width outside his offstump…

But these days he just annoys me! I mean come on! At his best he comes across as clumsy and disoriented every time he comes in… every good batsman worth mentioning in history has adapted to what bowlers perceive as his weakness… Sachin used to get out playing to third man so he worked on it and now he doesn’t… but Ganguly just keeps getting out again and again and again to a short ball on his leg stump… Give us a break man!

These days, in fact every since Dalmiya has left, every time Ganguly is in the team, the rest of the team doesn’t play well… we saw it against Sri Lanka and also against Pakistan in the third test now… I think he just needs to quit and let someone else play coz he’s affecting the team’s morale… Anyone who reduces my beloved India’s chances of winning deserves to go!

I hope he makes me eat my words in the second innings of the last test (unlikely) and bats like the maestro we know he was… or hope nobody bowls a short one to him in his ribs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home