Friday, April 07, 2006

Two Months - Mixed Emotions

This is gonna be a long one!

Its been two months since I posted... yes Ive been lazy again and yes lots has happened.

I guess the first important thing that has happened is that I'm now back in India... Im going to be at Datamonitor Hyderabad for the forseeable future... which is a good thing and a bad thing... its mostly good because Ill be closer to lots of people that I love who i can't live without... also because its a good career move... but I'm also going to miss the UK... inspite of the hostile weather and the distance, I'm sorely going to miss the life I had there... and the friends... firstly the Allenby Road gang and then the Manchester gang Abdu, Sarah, Magali, Julia, Cesar, Soo, Shak and everyone else who made it worth being there... I think I can safely say it was the best two years of my life... Im gonna miss you guys!

And then there was my sister Jooi's wedding. My little sister. She's now happily married to a wonderful guy called Sameer Jaiswal... I guess its another one of those moments in life when you're happy as well as sad. All those years and now she has a different last name... though in the Indian scheme of things that is always going to happen but when it happens to you its always difficult to digest... I find myself acting like it doesnt matter and that the only thing I feel at this point is happiness, but theres also a void left behind at home that is so much bigger than just her empty room. I guess its just one of those things that I have to deal with.

And now to the somewhat happy stuff! It was my Happy Bday to You on the 2nd of April! My n some of my 'specialmost' people had gone to this resort on the outskirts of Mumbai for the weekend and it was one of those special days... the place was on a hill with three swimming pools, 5 different lawns where you could amble about and some fantastic views. I cant believe Im 27 though... Uncle Vinit... already through a third of my life waiting for the rest to unfold...

And now this weekend Im all set to go to Hyderabad... an offspring city of the new India... I dont know how it will treat me or what I will make of it but for now I'm sat with my fingers crossed and hoping that it will help me be what I really want to be... Happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindless_ramblings... said...

sweet! glad to hear things are going really well for you...and you seem all happy and elated to start your new hyderabadi venture!
good luck with everything.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home